Pairs well with
Supports skin hydration
Source of Vitamin D2
Source of hyaluronic acid for better skin appearance
Virtually flavourless so could be your new natural creamer
May protect against radiation
Tremella fuciformis, commonly known as snow fungus, white wood ear, or silver ear fungus, is a species of fungus that has a gelatinous appearance.
It's popular in Chinese cuisine, particularly in sweet desserts and soups. Apart from its culinary use, Tremella fuciformis has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Here are some potential benefits of Tremella:
- Moisturizing Properties for Skin: Tremella has been touted as a natural alternative to hyaluronic acid, which can hold up to 500 times its weight in water. This makes it a popular ingredient in beauty and skincare products.
- Antioxidant Activity: Tremella mushrooms contain potent antioxidants that may help combat oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Neuroprotective Effects: Some studies suggest that compounds in Tremella may offer neuroprotective benefits, potentially defending against neurodegenerative diseases.
- Supports Immune System: Some compounds in Tremella have been shown to modulate the immune system, possibly enhancing the body's defense mechanisms.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Tremella may help reduce inflammation, which is implicated in many chronic diseases.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: Some animal studies have shown that Tremella can help manage blood sugar levels, potentially making it useful for individuals with diabetes.
- Anti-Tumor Activity: Preliminary research has shown that Tremella may inhibit the growth of certain tumors, but more research is needed to determine its potential anti-cancer effects in humans.
- Lung Health: In traditional Chinese medicine, Tremella is often used to nourish the lungs and relieve dry coughs.
- Improved Cognitive Function: Some studies have indicated that Tremella might enhance cognitive function, although this area needs more research.
- Anti-aging Properties: Due to its moisturizing and antioxidant properties, Tremella is sometimes included in anti-aging formulas.
Tremella has an almost completely neutral flavour, some say tasteless. Great in smoothies, added to coffee or hot choc.
Start with 1/2 a teaspoon in hot water or organic coffee and then build up to 1 teaspoon over about 7 days.
It's almost tasteless, sou can add it to porridge, cereal, hot chocolate or a smoothie.
- Wood Grown - not oat grown (for potency and integrity)
- Heavy metal testing on every batch
- Ancient wisdom applied in the extraction process
Our 10:1 Tremella extract is a Dual Extract and Wood Grown (this is important because it is a tree mushroom and these mushrooms prefer wood as its natural growing medium).
10:1 means we take 10kg of pure Tremella and extract 1kg of most important parts of the mushroom.
Some people will brag 30:1 or 50:1 though that is often measured on wet weight (obviously when there is water in the mushroom weights more so it can look like a a greater ratio or more potent extract, though that is not the case.)
SCIENCE AND TREMELLA
"TFPS (bioactive component) shows multiple physiological and healthy promoting effects including immunomodulation, antitumor, anti-oxidation, anti-aging, hypoglycemic, hypolipidemic, neuroprotection, and other effects."
"TP (Tremella Polysaccharides) could efficiently reduce the water and collagen losses of the skin, and inhibit the increase of glycosaminoglycans."
*Glycosaminoglycans are found in collagen and elastin and support the structure of the skin.
Tremella polysaccharide: The molecular mechanisms of its drug action
Tremella fuciformis Polysaccharides Attenuate Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in Macrophages through miR-155
Fungi - An unusual source for cosmetics
Effect of polysaccharides from Tremella fuciformis on UV-induced photoaging
Tremella fuciformis polysaccharide enhances skin hydration and exhibits anti-oxidation properties.
Dai, G., Bao, T., Xu, C., Cooper, E., & Hong, Y. (2016). Journal of Medicinal Food, 19(8), 796-802. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2016.0010